Winter soup: Get the vitamins and mineral you need to stay healthy
As we are heading into winter very soon we need to be able to keep out immune systems healthy. The only way in doing so is by putting healthy nutritious food in our bodies. The way that I do this is by making a winter soup that in packed full of everything the body needs as an immune boost.
Whereas most people don’t follow a seasonal diet that is needed during the winter. They get left behind with a cold or sickness bugs that are going around. If you want to withstand the winter illnesses you best put the right food in your body.
Cost of winter soup
Thinking that it is expensive to eat a healthy diet is completely wrong. It is quite cheap to eat a healthy diet and soup is one of the best way to get everything you need from food. When I make soup it costs way under £10 sometimes even£6. The soup can last my partner and I until Wednesday if I make it on Monday. That is one evening meal and 2 lunches. Making each meal we eat together around £2. IS that expensive? I don’t think anyone can say that is expensive.
What’s in the winter soup?
In the winter soup goes 2 heads of broccoli, 3 parsnips, 10 mushrooms, lentils, cannelloni beans, 2 onions, 3 garlic gloves , 350ml vegetable stock, 350ml of water, 1 tsp ginger powder, 2 tsp turmeric powder, 1tbsp mild curry powder.
- Broccoli supplies vitamin C, vitamin A, Iron, Vitamin B-6 and some magnesium and calcium.
- Parsnips supply Vitamin C, Iron, calcium and magnesium.
- Mushrooms supply vitamin B/D, iron and selenium.
- The cannelloni beans and lentils are there to provide you with the essential amino acids as long as you add some whole wheat bread into the mix.
- Onions supply vitamins C, magnesium, calcium, iron and vitamin b6
- Garlic supply Vitamin C, lots of vitamin b6, calcium, iron and magnesium.
- The powders are added for taste and supply the soup with even more rich vitamins and minerals.
How to make it?
To make the winter soup it’s very easy. What you have to do is add the onion and garlic to the pan. Let that caramelise. Then add the chopped parsnip and mushrooms to the mix. After the have started to cook at the two heads of broccoli including the stalk. Then you need to add all the stock, water and powders and leave it to boil for a 25 mins. The add the lentils and the cannelloni beans and boil for around 10 minutes.
Let the soup mixture cool until its ready for the electric hand blender to do the trick. When its all mixed up heat the mixture again and enjoy with some bread and or maybe some cheese.
When personal training in Windsor my days can every demanding and long. Getting up before light and coming home after dark. If this sound familiar to anyone during get winter. This is the best winter soup to keep you going. Give it a go and let me know what you think.